Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Transport

It's time to start thinking about painting my car now so I thought I'd go around to some different body shops and see what it would cost to get it painted.  So I enlisted Bry to help me get the body out of his little shed on the side of his garage and load it in the truck.  That's right, load the car into the truck.  I got quite a few good looks when I was driving all around Tacoma and Lakewood with this setup.  



 We were able to put boards up on the sides of the bed for the main part of the body to rest on and the hood, doors and other trim pieces went underneath.  It actually worked out pretty good and with a few straps it hauled well.

 Unfortunately everybody was pretty expensive.  The quotes ranged from over $10,000 on the high end and Maaco said they'd start at $2,000 but it would probably go up from there if there was any bodywork to do; and I believe there is going to be some body work.  I can see some spots on the rear that need help.

So, painting this car is going to be put on hold until I can sell the Audi.  It's now back at my house up on stands.  Lindz helped me unload it from the truck.  It went pretty smooth.  We just backed it up to the fence, put the rear on the stands and pulled forward until the whole thing was off the truck.  




1 comment: